Sunday, February 3, 2013

Blondie

N is blond. Quite blond. Both C and I have dark brown hair so it was a surprise that she was born with blond hair and that it has stayed as light as it has. I didn't realize until I finished her Christmas sweater last week and put it on her that the light yellow sweater was a pretty good match for her locks.

The pattern is the same that I used to make my nephews Christmas present and is avaliable here. I used old yarn from a sweater that made a couple years ago and ultimately didn't like. It's perfect for a baby/toddler/kid since it's soft and squishy and I'm pretty sure that it's machine washable. As with my nephews I love how it turned out. It's easy to get on and off, keeps her warm and fits while still has plenty of room for N to grow. All my notes are here on raverly.

As much fun as it is to knit for babies and toddlers the knitting is almost faster than trying to get a good picture of said knitting being worn. I did manage the two pictures above but most of them look like the three below, and there's at least 10 more of these that were not even worth posting.

Valentines is just around the corner, are you making any thing special?





No comments:

Post a Comment