One of my loveliest Christmas presents was from C. He got me a 7'' Google Nexus complete with a protective sleeve (you can't really see it in the photos, it mostly covers the back), but he knew better than to buy a case. So pretty quickly after Christmas I pulled out the fabric. I have been saving these butterflies since I scored a fat quarter of them at my local quilt shop. I do like butterflies but don't tend to like fabric with them on it, however these are such nice colors and their simple graphic look is so appealing.
I had a basic idea of what I wanted and probably should have just used my gut and drawn up my own pattern but I used this tutorial. It's actually for a Kindle and despite the Kindle and Nexus having basically the same dimensions it turned out a little small. The Nexus fits but it's snug and peeks out of the top just a little bit. I can see myself sewing up another one that fits it a little better in the future but honestly for now it works great since most of the day it isn't in the case anyways. It came together really quickly and I was able to use everything in my scraps for it, including the batting.