Monday, December 3, 2012

Snowflakes

Hello December! It is December right? The only way to tell here is by walking in Target and being asaulted by the Christmas music and over the top glittery displays that make sure you know you should be shopping for all of your loved ones. We had a small flurry of snow at the end of November which has all melted away leaving me feeling a little homesick for Alaska and all of the snow that Decembers mean. No worries about a white Christmas there. We did put up our Christmas tree this weekend and I love watching N's face light up when she sees it, touches it and pulls the ornaments off of it.

These little beauties won't melt though, regardless of the weather outside. My mom gave these to me a year or two ago. She had unearthed them in some box in her house and didn't know what to do with them. Tatting isn't something that I can do, nor do I have a lot of interested in learning. But, I can appreciate the time and effort that went into making these. I'm not a doily fan, and if these pieces had been much bigger they probably would have been donated to the Rescue Mission. They are perfect in these little frames though, and C thought that they looked like snowflakes. Perfect addition in a December without any snow, yet.

Here's hoping you have some snow. It does make winter so much less dreary and Christmas time much more festive. There has be lots of other creating, alas much of it is for Christmas and can't be shared until then. But I do have a few other things that have been waiting to be shared until the 25th rolls around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment